21 Mar Considering a Brazilian Bikini Wax? There are a few things you should know to better prepare for this service
- The Brazilian bikini is one of our most popular services! At tru on park, it is a judgement free zone, and our estheticians are only focused on making sure you are comfortable, and removing all of your hair as fast as possible
- You may want to relax, take
a nice warm shower, and exfoliate before your Brazilian bikini wax- a warm shower opens your pores making hair removal easier, while exfoliating helps eliminate dead skin cells that can get in the way of hair being pulled out by the root
- If you are worried about discomfort, you can also take Advil about a half hour prior to your appointment
- We suggest scheduling your Brazilian bikini wax a week before your period, since you may be more sensitive during that time of the month
- Pregnant woman may also experience a heightened sensitivity to waxing due to blood flow in that area
- We will not be able to wax you if you are on Accutane or any similar prescription medications that affect skin tissue, these must be discontinued at least a week prior to waxing- this is a precaution to help protect your skin from any possible damage
- Similarly, we do not advise waxing sunburned skin
- Your hair needs to be at least the length of a grain of rice- about 1/4 inch which is around 2-3 weeks of hair growth, or else it will not adhere to the wax
- If your hair is longer than 1/4 inch our knowledgeable esthetician can trim, although there may be an extra charge, and it is not required
- As always feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns! Most of us have a personal experience with the Brazilian bikini wax.
- Don’t be afraid to give the Brazilian bikini wax a try!